The projects listed here are available as student work experience opportunities with HPCC Systems as part of our summer intern program and Google Summer of Code.
Proposal applications are now being accepted for 2018 summer internship positions. Final deadline Friday 6th April 2018.
Find out more about the HPCC Systems Summer Intern Program.
- Additional Embedded Languages in ECL
Clojure, Haskell, MariaDB, MatLab, MongoDB, ODBC, Postgres, SAS, Scala, SQL, or suggest one!
- Additional external data stores
Ceph, S3 or suggest one!
- Cluster Deployment with Juju Charm
Convert our current implementation to use the new Charm Helpers framework (python) and add support for new HPCC components
- DFU Spray from zip/gzip files
Create a plugin for spraying from a ZIP/GZIP archive without decompressing the content
- Implement an IOT pluggable protocol for ROXIE
Add support for pluggable protocols currently being used in IOT projects
- Machine Learning Algorithms on the HPCC Platform - These projects are no longer available
Approximate n-tile, Text Search Bundle
- MPI Proof of Concept
Replace existing socket-based message passing api with an open-source MPI
- Text Search Bundle
- Port Roxie to a different UDP layer
- Investigate how well the current implementation achieves the goal of getting data from slaves to serves as quickly and reliably as possible on today's systems, and investigate whether there is a third party library or alternative protocol that may be worth consideration.
- Continuous Integration of roxie query / data deployments using Jenkins
- System self health check
Design and implement a tool to provide an overall check to everything is working as expected across components, from a button within ECL Watch
- Provide SELinux Policies for the HPCC-Platform installation on Linux environments
Build SELinux domains for hpccsystems-platform services.
These projects are new for 2018. They are still under development and more details will be added soon. If you want to know more about any of these projects, view the associated JIRA issue and please contact Lorraine Chapman or the mentor of the project:
- Implement Dagre graphs
- Implement ECL Pretty Print
- Implement low level column level security
- Implement reference dafilesrv in other languages
- Implement a Reverse activity
- Incorporating self test code into a bundle
- Integrate ECL Watch into VS Code
- Provide a new version of Distribute, Set
- Provide a standard HPCC Systems Math Library - This project is no longer available
- Provide test code for bundles with no self test
- VS Code extension for DESDL