The proposal application period for the 2021 HPCC Systems intern Program is now open.
The deadline date for proposal applications is Friday 19th March 2021.
Discuss your ideas with the project mentor and send your final proposal to Lorraine Chapman.
The projects listed here are available as student work experience opportunities with HPCC Systems as part of our summer intern program and Google Summer of Code.
Find out more about the HPCC Systems Summer Intern Program.
- Additional Embedded Languages in ECL
Clojure, Haskell, Julia, MariaDB, MatLab, MongoDB, ODBC, Postgres, SAS, Scala, SQL, or suggest one!
- Additional external data stores
Ceph or suggest one!
- Cloud specific projects
Apply Docker image build and Kubernetes security principles
Apply security best practices for ECL applications
AWS Fargate and Azure container instances
AWS FSx Lustre storage support
Azure Arc Kubernetes management and GitOps
Baseline test suite for an HPCC Systems cluster on Kubernetes
General GitOps for Kubernetes deployment and management
HPCC Systems Kubernetes Cloud Namespace hierarchy
HPCC Systems machine learning cluster on Kubernetes
Istio and other Service Mesh with HPCC Systems cluster
Performance test suite for an HPCC Systems cluster on Kubernetes
Use AWS EC2 spot instances
- DFU Spray from zip/gzip files
Create a plugin for spraying from a ZIP/GZIP archive without decompressing the content
- ECL Code Documentation Generator Improvements
Make major improvements to the ECL Code Documentation Generator (ECLDoc), written in Python.
- Implement an IOT pluggable protocol for ROXIE
Add support for pluggable protocols currently being used in IOT projects
- Locking engine to replace DALI - Investigative project
Research, test and do a POC of a 3rd party inter-machine/process locking engine, for example ZooKeeper, HashiCorp's Consul or other suitable contenders.
- Machine Learning Algorithms on the HPCC Platform
Anomaly Detection Algorithms
Causality and Casual Machine Learning
Linear/Logistic Regression Enhancements
Predictive Model Markup Language (PMML) Processor
- Provide SELinux Policies for the HPCC-Platform installation on Linux environments
Build SELinux domains for hpccsystems-platform services.
- Replace existing socket-based message passing interface with an open source package
Explore if using a different message layer (open-source package, such as ZeroMQ) offers improved performance, robustness and code maintainability
- System self health check
Design and implement a tool to provide an overall check to everything is working as expected across components, from a button within ECL Watch
These projects are still under development and more details will be added soon. If you want to know more about any of these projects, view the associated JIRA issue and please contact Lorraine Chapman or the mentor of the project:
- Implement reference dafilesrv in other languages
- Implement a Reverse activity
- Incorporating self test code into a bundle
- Provide test code for bundles with no self test