The proposal period for 2022 internships is now closed
The proposal period for 2023 internships will open in November 2022
This is new project, more information coming soon. If you are interested in this project contact Lorraine Chapman.
Find out about the HPCC Systems Summer Internship Program.
Create a knowledge base using NLP++ and the conceptual grammar for the human body. This includes a "part-of" hierarchy for the human body, an accompanying vocabulary. This will allow for processing of medical texts.
If you are interested in this project, please contact Add email link to mentor.
Completion of this project involves:
- Become familiar with NLP++ and VisualText
- Research and find medical data that can be used to create a KB and dictionary
- Implement NLP++ parsers to ingest and create a KB and dictionary for the human body
- Run the KB and dictionary on medical texts using the NLP++ ECL plugin
- Create a VisualText repository with the Human Body KB and dictionary
By the mid term review we would expect you to have:
- <What must be completed to pass the evaluation and continue on to complete the project>
David de Hilster
Backup Mentor: TBD
End of project