The proposal period for 2022 internships is now closed
The proposal period for 2023 internships will open in November 2022
This is new project, more information coming soon. If you are interested in this project contact Lorraine Chapman.
Find out about the HPCC Systems Summer Internship Program.
In order to eventually create digital human readers in Chinese, a dictionary must be established. This project will use the Chinese dictionary from Wiktionary.
If you are interested in this project, please contact Add email link to mentor.
Completion of this project involves:
- Download the Chinese dictionary from wiktionary
- Write an NLP++ parser to extract the vocabulary from the wiktionary files into text files
- Write an NLP++ parser to transform the text files into knowledge base files
- Create Chinese test files for part-of-speech tagging
- Write an NLP++ part-of-speech tagger
- Run the tests using the NLP++ Plugin in ECL to show enhancements
- Create an NLP++ repository for the Chinese dictionary and analyzers
By the mid term review we would expect you to have:
- <What must be completed to pass the evaluation and continue on to complete the project>
Add Mentor Name
Backup Mentor: Add Backup Mentor Name
End of project