This project was completed during the 2020 HPCC Systems Intern Program by Jefferson Mao, Lambert High School, Suwanee, GA, USA.
Find out about the HPCC Systems Summer Internship Program.
Resources Available to Learn More about this completed project:
HPCC Systems Platform 7.8+ is able to be deployed on local Kubernetes and Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) using "azurefile" as a out of box solution. We will add AWS EKS with EFS soon. Google Cloud is another major Cloud provider and we want to make HPCC System Platform can deployed on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) as well. We have some developers doing some initial work in this area (create a NFS pod and storage class, for example). This project will cover
1) Testing HPCCSystems Cluster 2) Pod Horizontal Autoscaler , Pod Vertical Autoscaler and GKE Node Autoscaler. 3) Explore Anthos support with HPCC Systems Platform Cluster on GKE.
Reference following blogs for how to use these two files.
Completion of this project involved
1) Deploy HPCC Systems Platform 7.8+ Cluster on GKE
2) At least support Pod Horizontal Scaling PH.
3) Optional support Pod Vertical Scaling and GKE node scaling
4) Explore an initial support of Anthos for HPCC Systems Cluster
5) Explore and if possible provide supports of Cloud Run for HPCC Systems Cluster
Backup Mentor: Godson Fortil
End of project