Find out about the HPCC Systems Summer Internship Program.
The project proposal application period for 2020 summer internships is now closed. Check back in the Fall for details about applying to join our 2021 program.
HPCC Systems Platform 7.8+ is able to be deployed on local Kubernetes and Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) using "azurefile" as a out of box solution. We will add AWS EKS with EFS soon. Google Cloud is another major Cloud provider and we want to make HPCC System Platform can deployed on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) as well. We have some developers doing some initial work in this area (create a NFS pod and storage class, for example). This project will cover
1) Testing HPCCSystems Cluster 2) Pod Horizontal Autoscaler , Pod Vertical Autoscaler and GKE Node Autoscaler. 3) Explore Anthos support with HPCC Systems Platform Cluster on GKE.
HPCC Systems Cloud on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) initial work:
Reference following blogs for how to use these two files.
If you are interested in this project, please contact Add email link to mentor.
Completion of this project involve
1) Deploy HPCC Systems Platform 7.8+ Cluster on GKE
2) At least support Pod Horizontal Scaling PH.
3) Optional support Pod Vertical Scaling and GKE node scaling
4) Explore an initial support of Anthos for HPCC Systems Cluster
5) Explore and if possible provide supports of Cloud Run for HPCC Systems Cluster
What must be completed to pass the evaluation and continue on to complete the project>
Backup Mentor: Godson Fortil
End of project