The goal of this project is to build a Documentation Generation system for ECL, analogous to the JAVADOC system for JAVA and the pydoc system for Python.
- Provide a facility that can be launched from a command-line or IDE that will format documentation from docstring information contained in ECL source files.
- Ability to produce above documentation in several formats including plain text and HTML.
- Provide an ecldoc executable that can:
- Convert each of the ecl files in the ECLSamples folder to substantially match each of the corresponding text and HTML documents in the TextOut and HTMLOut folders.
- Allows input files (ecl source files) to be specified as a single file or wildcarded path specification
- Optionally provides a 'recursive' option that will convert all ecl files within a nested folder structure.
- Allows the specification of the output format (text or html) and output location
- Provide test cases and regression test code
See attached specification
Backup Mentor: John Holt