The proposal application period for 2021 internships is now closed. The proposal period for 2022 internships will open in the Fall.
This project will be completed by a student accepted on to the 2021 HPCC Systems Intern Program
Student work experience opportunities also exist for students who want to suggest their own project idea. Project suggestions must be relevant to HPCC Systems and of benefit to our open source community.
Find out about the HPCC Systems Summer Internship Program.
Current HPCC System Kubernetes cluster deployment is mainly through helm install or generated a yaml file from helm template and deployed with kubectl command. As HPCC System cloud evolve more components probably will added such as monitoring, logging, third party software, etc. GitOps can be used to enhance helm solution and add automated update and version control features. Using GitOps to deploy and manage HPCC Systems Cloud probably will be a standard way for production, team development and testing.
This project will explore some hot GitOps such as Flux, Argo CD, etc to deploy HPCC Systems cluster on public cloud but mainly will target Azure.
If you are interested in this project, please contact Contact Details.
Completion of this project involves:
- Deploy HPCC Cluster with Flux including Helm Controller.
- Handle additional HPCC cluster components such monitoring, logging or other third party components.
- Explore various dynamic update for HPCC cluster through Flux
- Rollback configuration with version control
- Prefer using python for the code so don't need maintain both Unix shell and Windows Batch/PowerShell scripts
- Complete github project with proper documentation.
By the mid term review we would expect you to have:
- Coming soon
Backup Mentor: Godson Fortil
A github project to deploy HPCC cluster on local and Azure. Basic policy update and rollback functions
End of project
A complete github project with expected code and documentation.