The proposal period for 2022 internships is now closed
The proposal period for 2023 internships will open in November 2022
This project is deprecated
Student work experience opportunities also exist for students who want to suggest their own project idea. Project suggestions must be relevant to HPCC Systems and of benefit to our open source community.
Find out about the HPCC Systems Summer Internship Program.
What is Kubernetes Namespace Hierarchy: https://kubernetes.io/blog/2020/08/14/introducing-hierarchical-namespaces/
General there are two HPCC System clusters scenarios interested for us:
- A root namespace and three sub-namespace: dev, prod and test. The common policies and rules can be defined for root namespace and each sub-namespace has some special settings
- Multiple namespace inside HPCC cluster such as dali and roxie cluster have different namespaces. The potential challenge is discovery of dali by others from a different namespace. Current helm charts assume single namespace in HPCC cluster. The sample usages:
- Different policies and rules for some different HPCC components.
- Install Istio/Envoy on selected HPCC pods. This is better managed by namespace
- Different node types, such as GPU nodes which may need special setup and configuration. But this means there are several Kubernetes cluster and dali is just in one of them. We currently do not support this
If you are interested in this project, please contact Contact Details.
Completion of this project involves:
- Coming soon
By the mid term review we would expect you to have:
- Coming soon
Backup Mentor: Godson Fortil
End of project