Overviews and walkthroughs
- For a quick tour, see our overview diagram, learn about the features and watch an introductory video about HPCC Systems.
- Read this white paper for an overview of HPCC Systems and find out why it is the perfect solution for today's 'big data' problems.
- Familiarise yourself with the basic concepts and syntax of our ECL language.
Want to delve a little deeper? Try these videos:
- Take a tour of HPCC Systems with Drea Leed as she explains how HPCC Systems work.
- Focus on Thor (Data Refinery Engine), Roxie (Data Delivery Engine) and the ECL language.
- Find out about the system servers (middleware) which connect our clusters to the outside world.
- Learn how ESP (Enterprise Services Platform) allows you to plug other services into HPCC Systems which provide additional functionality.
Take a test drive using a preconfigured HPCC Systems environment
- HPCC Systems is available as a 32-bit or 64-bit virtual machine image for Mac, Windows CentOS6 and 7, and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, 16.04 LTS, Ubuntu 16.10 and 17.04. Go to our download page and select your preferred OS to get it now. Walk through the steps using our VM installation guide.
- Launch HPCC Systems in the AWS Cloud using your AWS ID and our supporting documentation.
- Take a look at some ECL. Using our ECL Playground, select an example from the Sample drop down and Submit to try out some ECL language features and data visualisations.
- Or just go ahead, download the software and get started.
- Take a look at our How To Video Library.
Find out how to use HPCC Systems with external resources:
- Using R, SQL, C++, Java, Cassandra, Python and other programming languages with HPCC Systems
- Using external datastores, plugins, connectors and 3rd party modules available for use with HPCC Systems.
- ECL Bundles for machine learning, visualizing your data and other specific tasks.