The proposal period for 2022 internships is now closed
The proposal period for 2023 internships will open in November 2022
All places for NLP projects are taken for the 2022 program
These are new projects, more information coming soon. If you are interested, contact Lorraine Chapman.
These projects are available as a student summer work experience opportunities with the HPCC Systems Intern Program. Curious about other projects we are offering? Take a look at our Ideas List. Find out about the HPCC Systems Summer Internship Program.
To learn more about Natural Language Processing (NLP) from the mentor of these projects, see Understanding Natural Language Processing by David de Hilster.
HPCC Systems has some NLP machine learning algorithms available as well as two NLP functions (patterns and rules) built into the ECL language. There is also an NLP plugin for building Digital Human Readers. The following projects are available for students who are interested in NLP and would like to contribute to this project:
- Enhance the English Dictionary
- Enhance the full English phrase parser
- Enhance the performance of the ECL NLP Plugin
- Create an NLP dictionary for Portuguese - Already taken
- Create an NLP dictionary for Chinese
- Create an NLP dictionary for Spanish
- Create an NLP dictionary for the Kurdish language - Already taken
- Build knowledge base for the human body - Already taken
- Build an OCR cleanup analyzer
These projects are also available but they do require the completion of the dictionary projects listed above and as such are follow-on projects:
- Create a phrase parser for Portuguese
- Create a phrase parser for Chinese
- Create a phrase parser for Spanish
- Create a phrase parser for the Kurdish Language
Sentiment analysis projects are also available in four languages as follows: