This project is available as a student work experience opportunity with HPCC Systems this summer. Curious about other projects we are offering? Take a look at our Ideas List.
Find out about the HPCC Systems Summer Internship Program.
The project proposal application period for 2020 summer internships is now closed. Check back in the Fall for details about applying to join our 2021 program.
Build SELinux domains for hpccsystems-platform services. It will also be necessary to implement appropriate SELinux file attributes to both the files included with our package, and files created by our hpccsystems-platform services so that data can only be accessed by the appropriate components.
Completion of this project involves:
Provide details about the following:
- Checked in code
- Test code
- Demonstrate access restriction on data files using the implemented SELinux policies.
Expected feature list:
- Service profiles for all hpccsystems-platform services
- Port profiles for standard/common hpccsystems-platform ports
- File object attributes for platform installed files
- File object attributes for service created files
- Documentation on the development process, and policies created.
By the midterm review we would expect you to have:
- service profiles for hpccsystems-platform services
- port profiles for hpccsystems-platform services
- Outline for how to implement file object attributes with the hpcc user in mind
Backup Mentor: Xiaoming Wang