This is new project, more information coming soon. If you are interested in this project contact Lorraine Chapman.
Instructions for using this template: Delete this section when complete.
Use this template to specify the parameters of a new project idea. Project ideas must be suitable for student to complete during a 12 week internship. Projects may contribute a new feature, enhancement, POC to the HPCC Systems Platform or an interesting use case leveraging HPCC Systems. Supply enough information that it is clear what must be included in a project proposal seeking to solve the problem/produce the desired result. Supply links to additional resources and itemise a checklist of deliverables.
Find out about the HPCC Systems Summer Internship Program.
More details coming soonCreate a knowledge base using NLP++ and the conceptual grammar for the human body. This includes a "part-of" hierarchy for the human body, an accompanying vocabulary. This will allow for processing of medical texts.
If you are interested in this project, please contact Add email link to mentor.
Completion of this project involves:
- Become familiar with NLP++ and VisualText
- Research and find medical data that can be used to create a KB and dictionary
- Implement NLP++ parsers to ingest and create a KB and dictionary for the human body
- Run the KB and dictionary on medical texts using the NLP++ ECL plugin
- Create a VisualText repository with the Human Body KB and dictionary
By the mid term review we would expect you to have:
- <What must be completed to pass the evaluation and continue on to complete the project>
Backup Mentor: TBD
Skills needed<See below some ideas add ones appropriate to the project.>
End of project