The proposal period for 2022 internships is now openclosed
Submit your final proposal to Lorraine Chapman before Friday 18th March The proposal period for 2023 internships will open in November 2022
Browse the list below. One you have selected a project, we recommend that you contact the mentor to discuss your ideas. Full details of how the application process works are available in this blog. Also, see our Proposal Guidelines and an example to help you prepare your proposal submission. If you are new to HPCC Systems, find out more about here and view our tips on how to prepare for your project and internship.
- Additional Embedded Languages in ECL
Clojure, Haskell, Julia, MariaDB, MatLab, MongoDB (Already taken ), ODBC, Postgres, SAS, Scala, SQL, or suggest one!
- Additional external data stores
Ceph or suggest one!
- Address Cleaner Plugin Optimizations
- Build Process Improvements -Ninja, Jenkins X and Azure
- Build System as Code
- Cloud specific projects
HPCC Cluster Storage Support With Container Storage Interface (CSI)
Baseline test suite for an HPCC Systems cluster on Kubernetes - No longer available
Explore Kubernetes Federation Support
HPCC Systems Kubernetes Cloud Namespace hierarchy
HPCC Systems machine learning cluster on Kubernetes
Enhance K8S Ingress with Istio Gateway and API Gateway
Istio and other Service Mesh with HPCC Systems cluster
Jenkins X Already taken
Performance test suite for an HPCC Systems cluster on Kubernetes
- Develop an Automated ECL Watch Test Suite
- Marketing/Documentation Projects
Technology/Marketing and Branding - Under Offer Already taken
Documentation - Data Patterns - Under Offer Already taken
These projects are suitable for students who would like to get involved with the HPCC Systems Open Source Project by contributing in a way that does not involve coding in a programming language.
- ECL Code Documentation Generator Improvements - No longer available
Make major improvements to the ECL Code Documentation Generator (ECLDoc), written in Python.
- Investigate Test Frameworks and Best Practises for HPCC Systems Cloud Native
- Investigate Third Party Environments Working with HPCC Systems
- Locking engine to replace DALI - Investigative project
Research, test and do a POC of a 3rd party inter-machine/process locking engine, for example ZooKeeper, HashiCorp's Consul or other suitable contenders.
- Machine Learning Algorithms on the HPCC Platform
Anomaly Detection Algorithms - No longer available
Applying the Causality Toolkit to Real World Datasets - 2 places left Already taken
- Natural Language Processing - All places for NLP projects under offer
Enhance the English Dictionary
Enhance the full English phrase parser
Enhance the performance of the ECL NLP Plugin
Create an NLP dictionary for Portuguese - Already taken
Create an NLP dictionary for Chinese
Create an NLP dictionary for Spanish
Create an NLP dictionary for the Kurdish language - Already taken
Build knowledge base for the human body - Already taken
Build an OCR cleanup analyzer
Create a phrase parser for Portuguese (Follow-on project- Requires the completion of the Portuguese dictionary project)
Create a phrase parser for Chinese (Follow-on project- Requires the completion of the Chinese dictionary project)
Create a phrase parser for Spanish (Follow-on project- Requires the completion of the Spanish dictionary project)
Sentiment Analysis in Chinese
Sentiment Analysis in English
Sentiment Analysis in Portuguese -
Sentiment Analysis in Spanish
Sentiment Analysis in the Kurdish Language
- Performance Testing - Bare Metal vs Cloud Native
- Provide SELinux Policies for the HPCC-Platform installation on Linux environments
Build SELinux domains for hpccsystems-platform services.
- Replace existing socket-based message passing interface with an open source package
Explore if using a different message layer (open-source package, such as ZeroMQ) offers improved performance, robustness and code maintainability