*****Congratulations and welcome to the 5 students who have joined the HPCC Systems platform team as interns in 2017*****
- Lily Xu is a PhD student of Computer Science studying at Clemson University in the USA. Last year she worked on an implementation of the YinYang K-Means machine learning algorithm. This year she will be building on that work by improving and extending the implementation of this algorithm.
- Vivek Nair is a PhD student of Computer Science at NCSU in the USA. Last year, we worked on providing a regression suite for the HPCC Systems Machine Learning library. This year, he will be implementing a solution to enable Spark to use HPCC Systems as a data store and allow ECL programmers to access Spark algorithms.
- Sarthak Jain recently completed a Bachelor of Technology in Computer Engineering at the Delhi Technological University in India. In the fall, he will begin studying for a PhD in Computer Science at Northeastern University in Massachusetts, USA. Having implemented 2 different machine learning algorithms for us in previous internships, this year, Sarthak is working on a documentation generator for ECL code, which will provide our new machine learning bundles with an improved method for generating up to date and complete supporting documentation.
- George Mathew is a PhD student in Computer Science at NSCU in the USA. George will be implementing a gradient trees algorithm to be included in the HPCC Systems Machine Learning Library.
- David Skaff is an 11th high school student who attends the NSU University School in Florida, USA. David will be extending an number of HPCC Systems standard library functions to include unicode support.
Completed intern projects from previous years...
Four students joined the HPCC Systems platform development team as part of our summer intern program in 2016. One student joined the team from the LexisNexis corporate intern program and another student volunteered to work on a project for us in her own time as a community contributor. Find out about more about these projects.