Run some basic jobs and verify your system at the same time
Our installation guide is a great resource for helping you to
So you've installed the HPCC Systems platform, Client Tools and ECL IDE (or an editor of your choice). Here's what to do next...
Certify your system is functioning correctly
- Preflight - Open ECL Watch and navigate to the Operations area to run a preflight check on all Systems Servers and Cluster Processes to make sure all machines are running and operating as expected with available disk space, memory and CPU. Failed components or results falling outside the expected norm are shown in orange. Find out more using our Preflight and Certification Guide or Using ECL Watch Guide.
- _Certification - Check that your Thor and Roxie components are working correctly and giving results as expected. The folder containing the files you need is located in your C:\Users\Public\Documents\HPCC Systems\ECL\My Files\Examples folder and is stored here automatically when you download HPCC Systems Client Tools. ECL IDE (or the editor you are using) displays the _Certification folder in your repository tree. Take a look at ReadMeFirst.ecl to make sure you are set up correctly, find out the sequence you should use to run the files in the correct order and to make any necessary changes to the code that may be unique to your environment, such as IP addresses etc. More information about running these tests is available in our Preflight and Certification Guide.
Run some simple programs and processes
Our installation guide walks you through some simple queries to get you started:
- Run a basic 'Hello World' program both from the command line and using an editor, such as our ECL IDE.
- Use our installation guide to
- Run a simple anagram query on Thor.
- Spray a word list file to Thor and run a second anagram query using this file to evaluate which results are actual words. Publishing the query to Roxie allows you to use a web based interface (Ws-ECL) to enter a word from which to make anagrams using this query.
Follow the steps in our Data Handling Guide to find out how to:
- Spray (import) and despray (export) your data using your HPCC Systems landing zone.
- Copy data from one cluster to another
- Replicate data held on a cluster in one HPCC Systems environment, on a cluster in a completely different HPCC Systems environment.
Learn some ECL
- New to the ECL language? We have a number of resources to get you started from tutorials and guides to videos and online training courses. Take a look and decide which suit your needs the best.
- Know the basics and want to extend your knowledge? Become an expert using these resources and training courses.
- Want to embed another programming language in your ECL code? Find out which languages we support and how to use the EMBED feature.