The project proposal application period for 2020 summer internships is now open. Please see our list of Available Projects. Contact the project mentor for more information and to discuss your ideas. You may suggest a project idea of your own but it must leverage HPCC Systems in some way. Contact us for support from an HPCC Systems mentor with experience in your chosen project area.
Anshu Ranjan contributed to this project as part of the HPCC Systems Summer Internship Program. He’s been working on this project with his mentors Gavin Halliday and Jamie Noss.
- Ensuring inline and out of line datasets are optimized.
- Ensuring unshared inline datasets are evaluated as efficiently as they are currently.
- Ensuring child queries are not executed if they can be short-circuited.
- Ensuring any shared code is only executed once.
- Ensuring results that are used conditionally are only evaluated when required (can conflict with the previous requirement)
- Providing a framework which is clearly understood and can be extended.
By the GSoC mid term review we would expect you to have a provisional design for a new child query algorithm, and an implementation which shows some improvements on a selection of test cases.
Backup Mentor: Jamie Noss
End of project