- Watch a quick overview video about HPCC Systems
- Download the HPCC Systems VM. Select the operating systems you are using first and then check the VM download. Follow the installation guide instructions.
- Note: We will be using a cloud-based HPCC Systems cluster for the workshop.
- You can use your preferred editor to write code but we do have our own, a Windows-based ECL IDE which you can download. On the download page, select Gold and under Operating System, select Windows. Download both the ECL IDE and Client Tools.
- VS Code is a good code editor if you don't use Windows. Installation is slightly more complicated see below and also this cheat sheet:
- Download and install VS Code from here if you don't already have it installed.
- Download the HPCC Systems Client Tools from here.
- Choose your operating system from the popup list.
- Choose the appropriate "Client Tools" option for your operating system. Make sure only one checkbox on the entire page is selected.
- Download and install.
- Launch VS Code, then search for and install the extension named "ECL (Enterprise Control Language) support for Visual Studio Code".
- Once you’re up and running, try out a few examples from the installation guide and tutorials.
- Learn some ECL. This is the language used to write queries. It's easy to use, try it for yourself. Read the documentation or take a training course.
- Take a look at some video tutorials
- Take a look at the information and training examples in this GitHub repository. In particular, please look at the Taxi_Tutorial where you will find the DataSeers contribution which provides examples showing some basic ECL functionality in action.
- Take a look at our Machine Learning Documentation and Sources.
I have questions, who do I ask?