To really make sure you stand out from the rest, have a go at coding either a problem linked with your chosen project or seek advice from the mentor about an existing issue you could have a go at resolving. There are a number of JIRA issues that are tagged as 'Available for Anyone' that you could look through and choose from. If you're not sure how to get started...
- Name, address, nationality, primary language spoken
- IM name and email address.
- Any other ways we can contact you, eg, Skype, Twitter etc
- Name of your school and the course you are studying including your major, your expected graduation date and degree type (BSc, PhD etc)
- Copy of or link to your CV, blog pages etc
- Where you will be located during the 3 months of GSoC.