proposal application period for
2021 internships is now closed. The proposal
period for 2022 internships
will open in the Fall.
We don't wait until the deadline date to make offers to students who submit an excellent proposal early. View our intern program flyer and print out a copy to send to students or display on your school's message board.
Completed intern projects from previous years...
- In 2018, 10 students joined the program. Again a high school student joined the program alongside Our class of 2020 included 7 students from high school right the way through to PhD.
- Our class of 2019 included 10 students studying from undergraduate level through to PhD.
- Our class of 2018 included 10 students, including a high school student as well as undergraduates, Masters and PhD students.
- In Our class of 2017, included 5 students joined the HPCC Systems summer intern program. For the and for the first time, we welcomed a high school student on to the program.
- Four students joined the HPCC Systems platform development team as part of our summer intern program in 2016. One student joined the team Our class of 2016 included four students including a student from the LexisNexis corporate intern program and another student volunteered to work on a project for us in her own time as a community contributor.
- We had Our class of 2015 was the first year we ran the HPCC Systems Intern Program. 4 students complete projects for us as part of the HPCC Systems summer intern program in 2015 and 2 students completed projects as part of the Google Summer of Code Program 2015.
Find out more about all previously completed student projects.
Most of our students work remotely, although it is possible to arrange for you to be office based, provided there is an LN office nearby that can accommodate you.
We also need a copy of your CV resume and please note the following:
- It's a paid program. The rate varies depending on whether you are a high school, undergraduate, masters or PhD student. Contact us for more information.
- The proposal (application) period opens towards in the beginning of October Fall and runs until the middle of March every year.
- Coding starts at the beginning of June running until the middle/late August. But we can be flexible if your university term finishes in July and doesn't start back until September. Let us know when you contact us.
- Project information is available on our Ideas List. You can also suggest a project of your own but it must be relevant to HPCC Systems. Contact Lorraine Chapman if you are thinking about doing this.
- Mentor contact details are shown on each project specification page. If you have questions or want to discuss ideas before submitting your final proposal, do make contact with the mentor.
- Final Proposals should be sent to Lorraine Chapman not the mentor, please.
- You can submit a proposal at any time, when you are ready, before the deadline shown below. There are some proposal guidelines on this wiki.
- You will hear whether you have been successful as soon as possible but by May 1st at the latest.
- You must be available in May so that you and your mentor can get you setup and ready to start coding at the start of June.
- We ask students to complete and return 2 evaluations during the coding period. The first is due half way through your internship and the second at the end of the program.
- Mentors require a weekly status report.
- We also ask that students write a blog journal about their project and experience.
- We like to publicize the work our students do at our conference (Sept/Oct), so we may ask you to prepare a video or presentation that we can showcase. This is live streamed across the internet so you can watch if you are available. We also blog about your progress.
- We do have expectations of students that work with us which you should read.