The proposal period for 2022 internships is now closed
The proposal period for 2023 internships will open in November 2022
This is new project, more information coming soon. If you are interested in this project contact Lorraine Chapman.
Find out about the HPCC Systems Summer Internship Program.
In order to eventually create digital human readers in Portuguese, a dictionary must be established. This project will use the Portuguese dictionary from Wiktionary. One interesting aspect of this project are the verbs in Portuguese which have a rich morphology.
If you are interested in this project, please contact Add email link to mentor.
Completion of this project involves:
- Download the Portuguese dictionary from wiktionary
- Write an NLP++ parser to extract the vocabulary from the wiktionary files into text files
- Write an NLP++ parser to transform the text files into knowledge base files
- Create Portuguese test files for part-of-speech tagging
- Write an NLP++ part-of-speech tagger
- Run the tests using the NLP++ Plugin in ECL to show enhancements
- Create an NLP++ repository for the Portuguese dictionary and analyzers
By the mid term review we would expect you to have:
- <What must be completed to pass the evaluation and continue on to complete the project>
David de Hilster
Backup Mentor: TBD
End of project