Quick guide to ECLIDE features
ECL IDE is our integrated development environment for ECL programmers to create, edit, and execute ECL code. The repository contains an ecllib folder which includes all the ECL functions available for you to add to your query with a simple point and click. In just a few quick steps after installation, setup your preferences to point to your HPCC Systems environment and specify the destination folder you will use to store your ECL files. Available clusters are shown in a drop from which you select the cluster you want to use to submit your query. Available ECL files and folders are easily accessible from the repository tree.
The interface is customisable and user friendly, allowing you to do all of these and more:
- Set your preferred color scheme
- Arrange the different toolboxes on the screen to suit your preferences
- Use the ribbon to get easy access to commands and features
- Check syntax before submitting
- Use the built in debugger work through your code to make sure it is working as expected or to locate issues that need resolving
- Easily identify different file types by color
- Easily identify ECL keywords using syntax highlighting
- See a workunit's execution graph
- Configure how results are displayed
- Access ECL Watch from within the ECL IDE interface
- Integrate with Tortoise git to implement version control
ECLIDE is a Windows based interface and as such is only available on our download page when you select Windows as the operating system.