If you've visited our Community Forum, it's possible you have either received help from or given help to someone about an idea. Maybe you got the answer to your question simply by reading through previous comments. This is a great way to extend your knowledge of HPCC Systems and help others extend theirs. If you have found a way around a problem or have written some code that others night find useful, why not check it in? Perhaps you have found an issue and know exactly what needs to be done to resolve it. Why not contribute your fix so you don't need to remember to reapply it the next time you upgrade?
Maybe you are working on a project that requires some work to connect into HPCC Systems or vice versa. Perhaps you have an idea for a new feature or enhancement. Whatever the reason, we are interested in receiving your contribution. Send us your code so we can make it available with the HPCC Systems platform download.
A big thank you to all our code contributors for helping us to extend our codebase and for those who want to contribute, here's how:
- Find out about the code release process
- View the developer code review checklist
- Decide which branch to target
- Editing sourcedoc.xml files
- Preferred Git settings
- Git commit message guidelines
- Hints and Tips for developers
- Suggestions for simple contributions to get you started
- Found an issue or have an idea for an enhancement or new feature? Raise a JIRA issue and resolve it yourself or submit it for us to fix.
- Search JIRA for contribution ideas
Other ways to contribute:
- Post in our Community Forum
- Join us at an event
- Present at one of our monthly HPCC Systems Tech Talks - Submit a talk title and brief abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Present at our annual Community Day Summit - Contact us
- Follow us on Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Attend one of our Meetups
- Become a Partner
- Become part of our academic program
- Encourage a student to apply for an HPCC Systems summer internship