The HPCC Systems Red Book contains useful information to help you manage the transition between releases. Some releases may require you to make configuration changes or modify your ECL code. The Red Book contains the information you need to make these changes in advance so you can get started with the newest version right away.
We encourage feedback particularly from our early adopters who provide us with valuable tips that we want to pass on to all our users. The Red Book helps you to take advantage of their experience so you can make the transition between releases smoothly. You will find the following types of information here.
- Information from HPCC developers about changes which require you to modify previous behaviours
- Advice which helps you to modify what you do to get better use out of the system
- Details of the recommended approach to take in specific circumstances
- Feedback about operational problems early adopters encountered and how they overcame them
- Feedback from ECL programmers about problems they encountered and how they overcame them
Keep checking the Red Book as it is constantly updated with new information and tips as soon as we know about them.
NEW - Red Book updates
NEW - See also the HPCC ECL Watch 5.0 Transition Guide