This projectwas completed as a intern opportunity with HPCC Systems in 2019. Curious about projects we are offering for future internships? Take a look at our Ideas List.
Find out about the HPCC Systems Summer Internship Program.
Create a Hyper-V virtual machine image to include HPCC Platform, Plugins, Ganglia-monitoring and Nagios-monitoring. The virtual machine will be Ubuntu 18.04 amd64. Prefer using Hyper-V Builder tool of HashiCorp Packer to create the image.
Completion of this project involves:
- A Hyper-V virtual machine image which include HPCC Platform, Plugins, Ganglia-monitoring and Nagios-monitoring.
- Make sure virtual machine image can be successfully imported and HPCC processes can be started.
- Successfully test following on Windows 10: 1) ECL sample through ECL Playground. 2) Ganglia-monitoring graph in ECLWatch. 3) Nagios web page with HPCC processes listed.
- Document the usage.
By the mid term review we would expect you to have:
- Get familiar with HPCC Packages such as HPCC Platform, HPCC Plugins, HPCC Ganglia-monitoring and HPCC Nagios-monitoring
- Get familiar with HashiCorp Packer tool, particular how to use HypterV Builder to create virtual machine image.
- Write initial build script for creating HPCC Platform and Plugin.
- Test deployment of above on Windows 10.
Backup Mentor: Godson Fortil
End of project