Welcome to the Red Book for HPCC Systems® 7.8.x series. There are several sections in this Red Book as follows:
- General HPCC Systems core platform
- Significant new features core platform
- ECL IDE
Users may benefit from glancing at other Red Book entries when making a large jump between releases.
Here's how to contact us if you find an issue or want to add something to the Red Book:
- To raise an issue, use our Community Issue Tracker. Please create yourself an account if you don't already have one, to get automatic updates as your issue progresses through the workflow.
- To ask a developer a technical question about something you are doing or have encountered, post in the Developer Forum.
- To add a note to the RedBook, please contact Lorraine Chapman with full details.
New HPCC Systems Cloud Native Platform
Current development on HPCC Systems includes providing a cloud native version of the platform alongside our bare metal version. To find out how to get started, go to our HPCC Systems is Going Cloud Native Wiki which includes blog posts, videos and links to helm files and relevant GitHub repositories
Our bare metal version is available for download on our website.
General HPCC Systems core platform
New - Encountering an issue where embedded Java fails
The platform does not currently always enforce a Java Development Kit (JDK) dependency and the embedded Java plugin (javaembed) can fail if a JDK is not available. If you encounter this error, install the appropriate JDK for your Ubuntu distro or the openjdk-devel package for Centos.
Ensure non-OPT KEYED fields after a wild match are keyed fix included in 7.12.30
This change restores the behaviour of keyed limits to match HPCC Systems 6.x x and earlier releases. But it may therefore, change the behaviour of queries previously deployed using HPCC Systems 7.x.x the next time they are compiled. There is a new global option that can be used to select the 7.x .x behaviour if you want to avoid the changed behaviour when recompiling 7.x.x queries. More detailed information is provided in the JIRA issue.
Data Patterns collected for a Thor file stay unchanged after the file is overwritten
The fix for this issue may mean any previously created Data Pattern reports (in ECL Watch) will need to be re-created.