The proposal period for 2022 internships is now closed
The proposal period for 2023 internships will open in November 2022
This project is available as a student work experience opportunity with HPCC Systems this summer. Curious about other projects we are offering? Take a look at our Ideas List.
Find out about the HPCC Systems Summer Internship Program.
Build SELinux domains for hpccsystems-platform services. It will also be necessary to implement appropriate SELinux file attributes to both the files included with our package, and files created by our hpccsystems-platform services so that data can only be accessed by the appropriate components.
Completion of this project involves:
Provide details about the following:
- Checked in code
- Test code
- Demonstrate access restriction on data files using the implemented SELinux policies.
Expected feature list:
- Service profiles for all hpccsystems-platform services
- Port profiles for standard/common hpccsystems-platform ports
- File object attributes for platform installed files
- File object attributes for service created files
- Documentation on the development process, and policies created.
By the midterm review we would expect you to have:
- service profiles for hpccsystems-platform services
- port profiles for hpccsystems-platform services
- Outline for how to implement file object attributes with the hpcc user in mind
Backup Mentor: Xiaoming Wang