The proposal period for 2022 internships is now closed
The proposal period for 2023 internships will open in November 2022
Student work experience opportunities also exist for students who want to suggest their own project idea. Project suggestions must be relevant to HPCC Systems and of benefit to our open source community.
Find out about the HPCC Systems Summer Internship Program.
These Service Mesh capabilities provide lots of standard implementations for common cloud deployment and management which can be applied by configuration without any new implementation.
Some well known Service Mesh implementations are:
General service mesh capabilities:
- Mesh – gateways (multi-cluster), virtual machines (mesh expansion)
- Traffic Management – routing, splitting, timeouts, circuit breakers, retries, ingress, egress
- Policy – access control, rate limit, quota, custom policy adapters
- Security – authentication (jwt), authorisation, encryption (mTLS), external CA (HashiCorp Vault)
- Observability – golden metrics, mirror, tracing, custom adapters, prometheus, grafana
Student and explore Service Mesh Interface (SMI) https://smi-spec.io/
If you are interested in this project, please contact Contact Details.
Completion of this project involves:
- Istio on local Docker Desktop
- Istio on AKS and AWS
- Explore service mesh capabilities:
By the mid term review we would expect you to have:
- Istio on local and Azure AKS with some basic service mesh capabilities.
Backup Mentor: Godson Fortil
End of project