The proposal application period for the 2021 HPCC Systems intern Program is now open.
The deadline date for proposal applications is Friday 19th March 2021.
Discuss your ideas with the project mentor and send your final proposal to Lorraine Chapman.
This projectwas completed as a intern opportunity with HPCC Systems in 2019. Curious about projects we are offering for future internships? Take a look at our Ideas List.
Find out about the HPCC Systems Summer Internship Program.
Create a Hyper-V virtual machine image to include HPCC Platform, Plugins, Ganglia-monitoring and Nagios-monitoring. The virtual machine will be Ubuntu 18.04 amd64. Prefer using Hyper-V Builder tool of HashiCorp Packer to create the image.
Completion of this project involves:
- A Hyper-V virtual machine image which include HPCC Platform, Plugins, Ganglia-monitoring and Nagios-monitoring.
- Make sure virtual machine image can be successfully imported and HPCC processes can be started.
- Successfully test following on Windows 10: 1) ECL sample through ECL Playground. 2) Ganglia-monitoring graph in ECLWatch. 3) Nagios web page with HPCC processes listed.
- Document the usage.
By the mid term review we would expect you to have:
- Get familiar with HPCC Packages such as HPCC Platform, HPCC Plugins, HPCC Ganglia-monitoring and HPCC Nagios-monitoring
- Get familiar with HashiCorp Packer tool, particular how to use HypterV Builder to create virtual machine image.
- Write initial build script for creating HPCC Platform and Plugin.
- Test deployment of above on Windows 10.
Backup Mentor: Godson Fortil
End of project